3 Black Forest Cakes Recipes
Make Your Taste Buds Dance!
Black forest cake is a sponge chocolate cake that was filled with rich cherry and made of several layers of sponge cake sandwiched in cherries and yummy whipped cream. The cake is then decorated with additional maraschino cherries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Here are three simple and fabulous recipes for baking delicious and mouthwatering black forest cake.
Light and Luscious (Low Fat)
21/8 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of white sugar
2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of vegetable oil
One tablespoon of vanilla extract
20 ounces cans of sour pitted cherries
11/2 teaspoons of baking powder
4 teaspoons of baking soda
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
One teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ cup of cornstarch
3 cups of heavy whipping cream
1/3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat and grease the oven and use two 9 inches round cake pans.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add milk, oil, eggs and a tablespoon of vanilla; mix them all until well blended. Pour your batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes. Cool the cake layers in pans on a wire rack for around 10 minutes. Loosen the cake edges and then remove from the racks for the cake to completely cool.
- Drain the cherries, reserving at least 1 cup juice. Combine cherries, 1 cup sugar, reserved juice and cornstarch in a 2 quarts saucepan and cook over low heat constantly stirring until thickened. Add in 1 cup of teaspoon Vanilla and stir and let the mixture cool before using.
- Combine the confectionary sugar and whipping cream in a chilled bowl and mix until a stiff peak forms.
- Using a long knife split each layer horizontally into half and spread the frosting into one layer of cake and top the rest with 1 cup cherry topping. Spoon the reserved frosting around the cake and the remaining cheery on top of the cake.
Dark and Decadent
One dark chocolate cake mix, oil, and eggs
1.4 cup of kirsch the cherry brandy
One can of cherry pie fillings
1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
Garnish: drained maraschino cherries, milk chocolate shavings or curls
- Drain the cherry pie fillings to remove thickened juice in a colander
- Make your chocolate cake following the steps are given in the package. Bake the cake in two different 9 inches layer cake pans
- Once it’s ready let it cool and sprinkle the kirsch over the two cake layers evenly
- Beat the cream until thick and gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, beat the mixture until thick.
- Get the chocolate shavings. Take one cake layer add whipped cream; scatter the cherries over the cream. Set the other layer on top of the cherries and spread the topping and gently add the chocolate curls on the cake side and you can garnish the top with more chocolate curls or drained maraschino.
Enchanting Chocolate and Buttercream
One box of super moist Betty Crocker devil’s food cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and mix according to the instruction on the cake box mix
1 pint of whipping cream
1 cup of powdered sugar
Three tablespoons of brandy (optional)
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon of almond extract
Two tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Heat the oven and grease two 9 inches round cake pans. Pour the mixture and let it cook for 35 minutes remove from the pan to cooling racks and leave it for 1 hour.
- Beat the whipping cream and mix with powder sugar until they form a stiff peak, fold in brandy. In another bowl mix the pie filling and almonds.
- Place one layer of the cake and spread the whipped cream with cherry mixture and the second layer on top spread the remaining whipping cream and cherry mixture. Sprinkle the almonds and refrigerate.